About This Blog

The purpose of the blog is to analyze and comment on the various aspects of Films, Music, and Sports. Project Mayhem is the name of an organization in the film "Fight Club." The organization is formed to rid the world of cultural norms, or what is expected and wanted of a person to fit into a community. Through this blog, I hope that the analysis of these media produce a similar effect: ridding public opinions of stereotypes or predetermined conclusions regarding these media without proper evidence. So, please, add input, correct mistakes, give your ratings/opinions, and open your mind...

Monday, January 17, 2011

Rediculous Athleticism

Beyond the occasional fantasy of being an X-Games superstar as a grade-schooler and my days of playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater on PS2 and Game Boy Advance around the same time, I have never had much interest in extreme sports. However, I am a huge fan of Rob Dyrdek and his shows Rob & Big and Fantasy Factory, and much of their plots revolve around something on a board or bike. When I mentioned previously that I have not had interest, it is more that I do not have the physical ability nor the condusive conditions to be that type of performer. Growing up in central Nebraska provides few opportunities for extreme sports of any kind, thus why I stuck to running the abundant gravel roads around my house. Having established that, I am in no way naive to the difficulty and true athletic talent it takes to perform on a stage like the X-Games or Dyrdek's Street League. In fact, I think I respect those athletes more than I would now than if I could actually pull off a fraction of what they do. Without further adieu, Danny MacAskill...


Feel free to watch multiple times, because it is just that awe-inspiring. True, rediculous talent. An art.

-Jarid Holliday

No comments:

Post a Comment